Come work with RG!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
PART-TIME HIGH NET WEALTH AND FAMILY PHILANTHROPY COORDINATOR
Applications accepted on a rolling basis, starting
Resource Generation is seeking a High Net Wealth and Family Philanthropy Coordinator at 30 hours a week to organize members of RG’s base who have high net wealth and who have family foundations. This program focuses on political education, leadership and skills development, mobilizing to action among a portion of our base who have significant potential to move
We define high net wealth as having direct access to $1 million in
The ideal candidate is a passionate community organizer who excels at building relationships with member leaders, is deeply committed to economic and racial justice, is passionate about transformative fundraising, and who can excellently manage multiple projects and timelines. This candidate will generate excitement and commitment from our base to move resources to social justice movements and participate in campaigns for change.
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter as one single PDF file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “High Net Wealth Coordinator” in the subject line. RG organizes young people with wealth and the RG staff is currently a cross-class and multi-racial team. We especially encourage people of color and people from poor and working-class backgrounds to apply. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Goals of Resource Generation’s high net wealth and family philanthropy organizing:
To organize our high net wealth and family philanthropy members to…
- Fund social movements, and do so aligned with social justice philanthropy principles and best donor practices
- Become leaders in the field of philanthropy
- Organize other high net wealth young people and young people with family philanthropy into RG
- Participate and lead in RG’s campaigns
- Be spokespeople and publically share their stories
- Become members of RG at major donor levels that sustain our work
Lead coordinator of High Net Wealth and Family Philanthropy organizing to reach our goals
effectivenessof high net wealth and family philanthropy organizing and programs. Propose and integrate improvements and changes.
- Organize all national programs, such as national praxis groups. Praxis groups are small groups that meet monthly to build relationship, develop skills, and participate in political education. Includes agenda design, recruiting presenters, facilitation, and 1:1 coaching.
- Support RG’s team of 5 National Organizers to recruit and retain high net wealth and family philanthropy constituents in their chapters.
- Work closely with Political Education and Retreats Manager to design goals and programming of biannual Transforming Philanthropy retreat for high net wealth and family philanthropy constituents (35-40 participants).
Cultivate high net wealth and family philanthropy members to be major donors to the movement and to Resource Generation
- Ensure high net wealth and family philanthropy programming integrates RG’s social justice philanthropy principles and best donor practices.
- Work closely with Development Director and Resource Mobilization Director to integrate major donor fundraising and asks into all of our high net wealth and family philanthropy programming.
- Manage individual major donor portfolio and consistently prospect for new major donors.
- Collaborator on the rollout of RG’s giving guidelines, making sure high net wealth and family philanthropy programming integrates giving guidelines.
Core qualifications and required skills
- At least 2+ years of experience (paid or unpaid) in community organizing. Has demonstrated experience with engaging and mobilizing a base, and developing leaders.
- At least 1+ years of experience (paid or unpaid) in grassroots or individual donor fundraising. Has demonstrated experience with raising money from individual donors and increasing their giving over time.
- Relationship-building skills with a wide range of people. Excited to talk to people, to do outreach, to organize!
- Results-oriented: someone who gets it done, who is persistent, creative, and solutions-oriented no matter what the obstacles are
- Project management: Meets deadlines, knows how to manage and balance multiple tasks and projects, work plans and communicates about progress effectively.
- Team-player: Keeps what’s best for the whole in mind and action. Balances individual needs with
biggerpicture. Flexible and open to shifting priorities and timelines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a timely manner in a remote work environment via phone and email
Our ideal candidate would have…
- Experience working with or organizing high net wealth individuals
- A basic understanding of class, classism, and your own class identity
- Demonstrated commitment to economic and racial justice
- Belief in the importance of organizing young people with wealth to become leaders in movements for justice
Location: Location is flexible.
Compensation: This is an 80% time (30 hours a week/four days a week) part-time position with benefits. The full time equivalent starting salary for this position is $56,000 – $60,000 depending on experience which is $44,800 – $48,000 at 80% time. Depending on organizational need there will be potential to increase this to a full-time role over time. Benefits include 90% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement plan and a 3% employer contribution after one year of employment, medical and transit flexible spending account, and prorated annual amounts of vacation (12 days), personal (4 days) and sick time (12 days).