Job & Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Temporary Database Assistant
SUMMARY: Resource Generation (RG) is a national non-profit organization based in New York City. Our mission is to organize young people with wealth and class privilege in the U.S. to become transformative leaders working towards the equitable distribution of wealth, land and power. Resource Generation envisions a world in which all communities are powerful, healthy, and living in alignment with the planet. A world that is racially and economically just in which wealth, land and power are shared.
Resource Generation seeks a temporary data assistant to assist with office administrative tasks and data management, including the review, correction and entry of contact data into the RG database hosted by Salesforce.
This work is supervised by the Events & Operations Coordinator and is located in New York City. Some work can be done remotely from home, but due to the nature of the responsibilities, the Assistant must be able to regularly work at our office in Lower Manhattan (Tribeca).
This position will have the opportunity of working for a membership-based, national organization with chapters around the country organizing young people with wealth for social justice.
SCOPE OF WORK
– Data entry, including Salesforce, Surveymonkey, and other programmatic and fundraising data
– Support the organizing team with data entry and administrative tasks to help track member participation and impact
– Process intakes: convert leads in database, add new contacts to listservs, and other tasks associated with new membership intakes
– Supporting Operations Manager with office-related tasks
– Other tasks as necessary
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
– Experience working with a database. Experience with mass data-loading in Salesforce preferred.
– Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
– Fast, efficient, accurate data entry skills.
– Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with employees in different roles and with varying skill-sets.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Exceptional written and verbal skills
– Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Resource Generation
– Ability to work in a fast-changing work environment
– Access to home computer and internet
– Sense of humor and flexibility
This is a temporary hourly position for 10-12 hours per week. We anticipate this position to last 2-3 months from the date of hire. Extension of position will be contingent on organizational needs.
A weekly schedule will be created upon hire. Hours will be flexible around, preferably between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday – Friday, with some remote work possible. Phone and in-person Interviews will be held in mid-April. The position will begin on May 1.
Send a resume and a one page cover letter on why you are interested in applying to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Assistant” included in the subject line. Applications must be received by April 3.
This is a part-time paid position at $20/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.