Become a Constituent Member!
Thank you for becoming a member of Resource Generation!
Your Resource Generation membership directly funds our year-round organizing, operations, and growth. With your investment in this movement, RG will continue to serve as a powerful catalyst for young people with wealth as they leverage their resources, access and skills for the equitable distribution of wealth, land and power. On average, as a result of joining RG, young people with wealth give away sixteen-times more money to social justice organizations than they did before.
We are 95+% funded by our members and community supporters to ensure that we don’t have to apply for big grants that should go to grassroots social justice organizations.
Because the movement for the equitable distribution of wealth, land, and power needs all of us, we are so glad to welcome you to Resource Generation!
- Investing in the collective! Help us build the organizing infrastructure we need to fight for the equitable distribution of land, wealth, and power!
- Tools for navigating class, money and wealth
- Access to our private members-only Slack workspace. This online community allows you to start discussion threads, ask questions, and build virtual community and resource-sharing.
- Invitations to all-member programming, webinars, and calls.
- Eligibility to join our National Member Council, a member leadership body that shapes organizational strategy and tactics.
- Blogging rights! Share your stories and work with the RG network.
- Connection to other members through chapter and interest specific listservs.
We ask all wealthy members pay 5-10% of their overall giving to social justice as membership dues to RG, alongside redistributing at least 7% of all assets and/or at least 10% of excess income (the “Say No to Making Wealth Off of Wealth” level of our Redistribution Guidelines). If you don’t have a giving plan yet, we encourage you to make one! Check out the Redistribution Pledge and Redistribution Guidelines to get started. If you have lots of questions, join RG by starting with an amount above or at $500 that feels meaningful to you.