We organize young people who want to transform their family foundations, and the field of family philanthropy, to support social change.
Whether participating in an existing family foundation already or considering whether to take on this responsibility, engaging in one’s family foundation can be one of the most rewarding and challenging ways to leverage resources for social change. Resource Generation’s Family Philanthropy Program is here to offer support. Through publications, blog posts, workshops, conferences, informal gatherings and more, we provide a space for community, exchange and inspiration. Get involved with a nationwide community working together to transform our families’ giving and the field of philanthropy for social change!
- Peer-to-peer Community and Network. A growing community of young people involved in family philanthropy with whom to share stories, experiences, challenges and successes.
- Leadership Development Opportunities in Philanthropy. Through RG’s close relationship with organizations in philanthropy we provide the chance for our members to develop their leadership through speaking, facilitating, and organizing opportunities.
- Next Gen Trainings and Gatherings. RG organizes multiple Next Gen gatherings throughout the year and has over 10 years of experience leading conferences, workshops and retreats for next-gen family members, including our annual Transforming Family Philanthropy retreat. RG staff is also available to discuss individualized trainings and resources for family foundations.
Are you a young person who participates, or wants to participate in, your families’ philanthropy?
Fill out our intake form to get connected to appropriate resources.
- Subscribe to our Family Philanthropy Google group below. Note: This is a group specifically for young people involved in their families’ philanthropy.
- Buy a copy of Creating Change Through Family Philanthropy, our guide for young people on how to not only participate in, but transform, the field of philanthropy itself.
- Find more helpful tools, articles and publications in our resources section.