What We Do
Resource Generation organizes young people with financial wealth to leverage resources and privilege for social change.
Since 1998, Resource Generation (RG) has engaged over 1,800 young people with wealth across the U.S. Through community building, education and organizing, we help young people with wealth bring all they have and all they are to the social change movements and issues they care about. We organize to transform philanthropy, policy, and institutions and leverage our collective power to make lasting structural change.
Our programs include:
- National Events include Making Money Make Change, our annual four-day conference for young people with wealth, Transformative Leadership Institute, and Transforming Family Philanthropy (formerly Creating Change Through Family Philanthropy or CCTFP) an our annual retreat for young people who participate, or want to participate, in their families’ philanthropy and are committed to progressive social change.
- Local Chapters anchor local RG communities across the country and host activities ranging from monthly meetings to workshops to donor circles. To find the nearest chapter to you, visit our local chapter page.
- Organizing young people of color with wealth to examine, build community, and take action from the intersection of economic and class privilege and racism.
- A commitment to racial justice woven throughout our programming and practices; centralizing the understanding that we cannot dismantle the class system without addressing historical and contemporary racism. Read more here on “Why Resource Generation is Committed to Racial Justice.“
- Action Projects are local or national initiatives taken on by groups of Resource Generation members. Projects include donor circles and campaigns around fair taxation. Future projects will focus on giving, investing and advocacy.
- RG organizes member delegations to attend conferences and other events. RG delegations have participated in the U.S. Social Forum in 2008 and 2010, as well as several Council on Foundations conferences.
- Our Family Philanthropy Program organizes young people who want to transform their own family funds and the field of family philanthropy to support social change. Read more about our family philanthropy program here.
Fill out the intake form to get more involved in any of these RG programs!