Bay Area Resource Generation (BARG) is a member-led and member-organized chapter that organizes & supports members all across the Bay Area, as well as in Sacramento and Santa Cruz. As one of the biggest chapters in the country, we have dozens of volunteer leaders and hundreds of members. We partner closely with three local organizations:
● Mujeres Unidas y Activas (MUA) is a grassroots organization of Latina immigrant women with a dual mission of promoting personal transformation and building community power for social and economic justice.
● Community Ready Corps (CRC) is a liberation organization that actively builds & supports self-determination in the Black community in Oakland.
● Sogorea Te Land Trust is an urban Indigenous women-led land trust based in the San Francisco Bay Area that facilitates the return of Indigenous land to Indigenous people.
Fill out the national intake form and select “BARG” if you’d like to get involved:
● Join a praxis groupi! A praxis group is a small group of people with class privilege and wealth who meet monthly over 6 months to build community, grow a shared understanding of the RG political framework, talk openly and honestly about wealth and class privilege, and work on individual and collective action. Praxis groups support members to set personal goals around giving and leveraging privilege for social change, and support each other to understand the impacts of capitalism.
● Join a community call! The chapter gathers virtually every month to meet with chapter partners, support each other on our redistribution journeys, and learn about new campaigns that need funding. Community calls are great for new folks looking to learn more.
● Meet a chapter leader 1:1! Sign up to have a chat and learn more about what we’re about, and what virtual and in-person events are coming up.
We are always looking for more people to join our community, and would be excited to meet you. If you want to learn more, fill out the national intake form and select “BARG” and we’ll connect you with a member. You can always reach out at [email protected] if you have questions.